Tuesday 21 May 2013

Time on my hands? You must be joking!

                                        HOW I STARTED QUILTING

Well I have decided to come into the 21st century with a blog about my crafts and hobbies.
This is my first blog, so please bear with me for any mistakes!

When I was at school (many years ago)! I hated sewing and although I have always had a sewing machine, stuck to the very basics.

Just over four years ago, I met a lady called Jill who is a former City & Guilds Tutor in Quilting. 
Jill persuaded me to have a go at quilting. Having never tackled anything like that before I was a little reluctant, but she can be very persuasive! So I decided I wanted to make a quilt for my daughter who was going to Dance College that summer.

The first Quilt.
Jill helped me choose basic equipment, fabrics etc, and I set about tackling my first Sampler Quilt. She was very patient with me, and I found to my surprise that I was hooked!

I started the quilt in the February, and hand quilted it that summer. It was all finished by the time my daughter left for college that September.

That was how my obsession with fabric started.

Over the next few weeks I will be posting pics of some of my quilts.

 They are not perfect, (as the Amish people say "Only God is perfect")! but the fact is, that I enjoy making them.
I do not aim for perfection!

Have a look at one of my early quilts on the Calendar Quilt page.

Any comments/ feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading my blog, see you soon!

An example of the hand quilting.









No comments:

Post a Comment