Recently my old laundry basket looked a bit worse for wear. I was debating whether or not to treat myself to a new one, but then I thought, why not have a go at refurbishing it myself.
I measured the existing fabric, and used some lovely upholstery fabric in pale blue with roses on it to replace the boring cream colour.
I used french seams (as I had watched the 'Great British Sewing Bee' on television & apparently they make stronger seams), and eventually got it to fit correctly.
I then lightly sanded the frame, and painted it a very pale pink. (I was lucky enough to have a tin of Dulux colour matched paint given to me by my sister. She felt it was too strong a colour for what she wanted).
I was surprised how nice it looked.
Anyway, thought you might like to have a look. As usual it is not perfect, & I would do things differently next time, but it is all trial & error!
|My refurbished laundry basket!|
|My new peg bag.|